Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As the nation’s second-largest, private sector employer, we stand with the Black community – our customers, employees, and business owners – racism, discrimination, and hatred will not be tolerated in the restaurant and foodservice industry.
American restaurants are more diverse than any other sector of the economy
- 47 percent of industry employees are minorities compared to 36 percent across the rest of the economy.
- 26 percent of restaurant employees are Hispanic
- 14 percent of restaurant employees are African American
- 7 percent are Asian
From valuable skills as a first job, or a career path to upward mobility and opportunity—or a second chance, restaurants have more minority leaders and owners than any other sector.
- 40 percent of restaurant businesses are majority-owned by minorities compared to 29 percent of businesses across the rest of the economy
- 40 percent of managers and supervisors are minorities—more women and diverse leaders than any other category of business in the country.
Learn more about our partnership with the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance.